The Virginia Standards of learning for Reading-Grade 6 can be found at this website. English 6-8 Framework
6.5 The student will read and demonstrate comprehension of a variety of fictional texts, narrative nonfiction, and poetry.
G – understand that character traits are revealed by:
- what a character says;
- what a character thinks;
- what a character does; and
- how other characters respond to the character.
6.6 The student will read and demonstrate comprehension of a variety of nonfiction texts.
pose questions prior to and during the reading process based on text features, such as:
- boldface and/or italics type;
- type set in color;
- graphics or photographs; and
- headings and subheadings.
6.8 The student will edit writing for correct grammar, capitalization, punctuation, spelling, sentence structure, and paragraphing.
- Find the subject of a sentence
- Find the predicate of a sentence
- Use singular verbs with singular subjects and plural verbs with plural subjects (e.g., The driver of the bus aware of children drives very carefully. The students in the class discuss many topics).